Thursday, January 21, 2010

Brownie Cookies

The last 3 recipes I've posted, have been from the Brown Eyed Baker blog and I would love to meet this lady. She has some good stuff there.

These cookies are called what they're called for obvious reasons. They're cookies that taste and feel like brownies, with chocolate chips to melt in your mouth with every bite. SO GOOD! I've only made them this one time, and I made the dough dollops about 1-1/2 tbsps. Next time I want to refrigerate the dough before spooning it onto the baking sheets in hopes the cookies will be thicker. The consistency of the dough more batter-like as brownie batter is, which produced thinner, larger cookies. In refrigerating the dough first, I think it will make for thicker, smaller cookies. We shall see. Until then, these are friggin' awesome!




Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

Makes about 24 larger cookies (you can adjust for size and amount as you please)


2-2/3 cups bittersweet chocolate (about 16 oz.), chopped
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temp.
4 eggs
1-1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking mat, which I've never done but I bet it's cool.




Put the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl (or top of a double boiler) and set it over a saucepan of barely simmering water (or bottom of a double boiler), stirring occasionally until completely melted and smooth.






In the mean time, stir together the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and set aside.





In a small bowl, sift together the flour and the baking powder. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine well. Slowly add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter. Once all the flour in incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips.


Scoop 1-1/2 tbsps. of dough (a mediums sized cookie worth) onto prepared baking sheets.











Bake 10-12 minutes, or until they are firm on the outside. Like brownies, don't over-bake! Leave them on baking sheets till they cool completely.




5 comments:

  1. Them brownie cookies are the BOMB! I really enjoyed. We ate them all already. I had like 4 the night you gave them to me. DEEEEELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiice! It's like once you pop you just can't stop :) I want to make more, I want to make them thicker and maybe smaller, you will see, oh yes, you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo next time ya'll come to SF try not to drink yourselves to bed at the Nash, and bring some baked goddies. oh and happy way belated B day

    na

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to leave a comment, but I don't see any contact information anyplace. I want to invite you to check out our new food photo submission site at dessertstalking.com. Hope you will stop by and give us a try. -Donalyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Donalyn! I'll definitely try it out. Hope you enjoy Caits Baked :)

    ReplyDelete